Thank you, Lord, for…
– People with caring hearts who are kind enough to send money & prayers & encouragement to help me go to Jamaica (in 6 days!)
– Chances to make friends laugh. I love making people laugh!
– French toast, eggs (scrambled.. we eat them as well as we are able), peaches & coffee.. Sunday morning breakfast with best friends.
– Encouragement for the “in between” from my pastor, living in this time, caring for the hurting… still thinking on this.
– Hugs from cousins.
– Not being able to “work up” much excitement for my missions trip.. it’s ok. Somehow, I never get that excited, until I am actually on the plane, actually with the people, and in the middle of a flood of amazing moments.
– Being a stay-at-home kind of person, that God likes to stretch from time to time. Because even the most loyal stay-at-home person would not want to miss the magic of living hope, speaking and hearing joy (God’s Word!) and seeing the glory of His creative nature in a sunshiney place like Jamaica.
(Thanks for your prayers, as I prepare to ditch the US for a week and travel with a fun and dorky group of teens & leaders, including my dad, to help with the Bible Quizzing ministry in Montego Bay!)