Bland. Yesterday, I kept feeling like it was Friday.. and then realizing it wasn’t, and there was a whole other day to get through before the weekend. That probably contributed to me feeling a lack of excitement, nothing making me smile, too much “normal”. (Also I’ve been re-reading the Harry Potter series… that probably doesn’t help much either. I still don’t miss college much but I sure do wish I was heading to Hogwarts this fall!)
(Now is a good time to hearken back to this Halloween, when I put my
wand conducting baton to good use…)
(Hmm.. and no that is not my broomstick hanging on the wall… anyway…)
Back to my story: So all the “blah” reminded me of this email I sent to Buckshot in 2006 and his response. He would have been 10 years old.. and, since he’s always been a pretty good teenager, was already battling major boredom alllllll the time… so I tried to help by giving these suggestions:
1. Repeat the same word over and over until it loses its meaning. Pick a random word out of a magazine and say it aloud to yourself until it becomes a meaningless set of noises.
2. Step off a curb with eyes shut, imagine it’s a cliff. To get any benefit out of this one, you have to have a good imagination. Don’t step off immediately, build up to the jump. Study the ravine below. Feel the winds at that altitude. Step off and…AHHHHHH!!!!!
3. Carry your dog around all day. Think about it- has your dog ever seen the world from your point of view?
4. Stare at the back of someone’s head until they turn around. This works on the “I have the feeling I’m being watched” principle. Conduct an experiment-does this really work?
His reply- original grammar and spelling:
I like that note!!!!!!!It’s really funny[mom was laughing her eyes out]
Hey by the way,I tried idea 1.I picked a random word out of a Birds and Bloomes magazine.The was ”tweet,tweet,tweet!”I’m not lying.I said that atleast 100 times until mom told me to shut my mouth.
I would’ve tried number 2. but theres no curbs in Dailey so…yeah. [oh the dirt road life!]
We are getting the Chronicles of Narnia:The Lion,The Witch,and The wardrobe:today.
3. And by the way,Bear [our big ole yellow lab] is a little to big for me to carry.[hehe.]
4. And if I stare at the back of [biggest brother’s] head after about 5 minutes,he turns around and ask’s me what I’m doing,I start sounding like this,”Um,um,um,um,um,”And with that he pounds me.Well,gotta run. So by!!! \ (>Jacob<)/